The Longest "OT" I Had In My Work

Briefly, currently I am working for an audit firm with its company integrated with secretarial & tax department sama sama together. Basically I'm assigned under tax department & sometimes secretarial but not audit.

So then my longest "OT" (Overtime) during happened on last thursday which is the most important day for our 'effective' & 'efficient' government department "Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia" as this the the last day for the submission of Annual Return+Audited Financial Statements for a company (Sdn. Bhd.)



I have assigned a task as "office boy" for this important day since my "Tiao Kah Niong" (taukehnuo in hakka) sees me as a hyperative guy (Regretted that I told her..)

So that morning I started my journey on the morning once I was assigned with this "office boy" task by driving car + Lrt + walk = SSM and reached there at around 10.30pm. Thought that I am consider early lah, mana ti (mana tahu)



Ngaiti, many people already standby there and queue to take the sequence no. I took my sequence nos. and it showed 4075, 4076 & 4077 for 13 forms I have. (1 no. for max. submission of 5 forms only). The signal board there showing 3025 at the moment & means I have more than 1000 nos. to go! Then I thought ok lah, relax mah, should be take around 6 hours waiting time to reach my turn like previous experience I had.



Since almost 12.00pm already after sitting there for one hour, then is taking about lunch time somemore so then I went to Pizza Hut, my favourite pizza eatery, with myself only loh.







While eating, reading the star newspaper (purposely bought it for today), then also cam whoring for a while loh to utilize my time to the fullest.

Stayed at the restaurant till 1.30pm something, so is time to go back to the patient level evaluation place liaw. Thought the people there should be slightly lesser and the sequence no. should be around 3500 something, once I reached there



Har?!!! Still the same amount of people and seems getting more, somemore the sequence no. on the screening board showed no. 3340 only. Haih, it likes overall the staffs there only can process 72 nos./jam (3340-3125= 215/3hrs=72 nos.) If like this, means that I have to wait for 10 hours more for my turn!!! (4075-3340= 735/72 = 10 HOURS). Aiyo, relax mah yu loon, won't take so long one, you must have trust on Malaysia mah, you din't see or heard Malaysia's slogan always said "Malaysia Boleh, Malaysia Boleh!!!" one meh especially in sports contests. So government staff & system's performance also Boleh punya!



Wait, wait, wait and even curi-curi use the internet of public PC's there which are exclusively for business function of SSM only. Until I sticked my butt on the chair for 5 hours and even got chased out by the Security guard from using the PC, the amount of people waiting is still the same and sequeue no. only 360!!!

It was already 6.30p.m. I started become impatient already and really need to meet a new friend there and have a chit-chatting session in order to dispel my loneliness there. I don't have mood to for dinner and scared the nos. will suddenly fly to my no. the time while I am going for dinner. Of course scaredloh, later pass over my no. then cannot submit anymore and I mah have to get scolded and have to pay the late lodgement RM50.00/perform which is RM650.00 overally myself to offset my guilt.

Then I went to met a new friend, Jacky (also waiting as well) there who is a passionate and friendly guy. So since I knew he's unable to hear and talk (noticed it when he came to SSM, later than me), then we use words writing on a paper to communicate. Since the communication through words writing kind of slow, so I requested him to teach me the basic hand language he is pro with.


Jacky & Me

He is so kind that he gave me this basic hand language guidelines on alphabet & number taken from his beg. And he conducted a lecture session between him and me only at the front desk service booth area and most of the people there looking at us with colourful eye. It was glad that I met him there and we spend the whole night hand signing & lecturing.



We chat ya chat & also looking at our watch at the mean time, and I have no doubt this is the 1st time I saw government staffs actually work OT for about 16 hours (until 12.00p.m.) & actually working non-stop "zi zi zi" on our forms submitted like what the JPJ/Pos Malaysia "zi zi zi" when we renew road tax document. The time I managed to submitted & got my copies was already 11.30 p.m. night! From 10.30am till 11.30pm! And the amount of people waiting still



I don't know what can I really describe for our SSM department whether it is super efficient or they like to have OT? sounds like Malaysia has really started become a real Malaysia Boleh already. So to end this all up, hereby I would like to thank Jacky for the lecturing & really nice to meet you & sorry If I abuse your teaching. To describe SSM with what I learned from Jacky,


"S"


"S"


"M"


"B"or "I swear"


"O"


"L" or "Yo Man!"


"E"


"H" or "Bang! Bang!"


SSM BOLEH


I think I missing something to strengthen the support. Oh, I know already, is


"!" = exclamation symbol

SSM BOLEH!


p/s: Jacky din't teach me for all the additional meanings except for the alphabets & nos. ya. Sorry to Jacky for dissapointing him for creating my own hand language for the last symbol.

Comments

0 Responses to "The Longest "OT" I Had In My Work"

Post a Comment